Checklist of Things to Remember:
- As soon as possible, fax or mail to Day Title Services the three forms in this packet of information to be completed by you.
- If you are purchasing real estate in a Planned Unit Development (PUD), please provide us with a copy of the Certificate of Resale from your disclosure package. The Property Owners' Association should have provided the disclosure package to you. If you have not received the disclosure package, please address this issue with your realtor immediately.
- Day Title cannot give you a final amount of money needed at the closing until we receive final figures and approval from your lender. In the majority of closings, this approval is not sooner than the day before closing. In many cases, it is the day of closing.
- You need to bring your money in a cashier's or certified check payable to "Day Title Services". If Day Title is unable to provide you with an exact figure by the time of closing, you may use the amount shown on the "good faith estimate" given to you by your lender. The lender does not provide Day Title with a copy of your good faith estimate. Bring your checkbook in case the amount is slightly more. If the final amount is less, the difference will be refunded to you. A personal check for amounts $500.00 or less will be accepted.
- In order to comply with the USA Patriot Act, you must bring two (2) forms of identification (i.e. driver's license, social security card, passport) with you to closing. At least one ID must be a PHOTO ID and one show your social security number. ALL OWNERS of the property MUST be present at closing.
- If you wish to schedule a settlement time before noon, please advise your mortgage lender that Day Title will need your closing documents the day before settlement.
Keys should be available at the settlement table. We make every effort to ascertain that arrangements are made for you to obtain the keys. This is also a question you should address with your real estate agent a few days before settlement to eliminate last minute confusion.