Checklist of Things to Remember:
- As soon as possible, fax or mail to Day Title any and all information requested in the letter about your refinance and/or equity line transaction and the privacy act notice to be signed by you.
- Day Title cannot give you a final amount of money needed at the closing, if any, until we receive final figures and approval from your lender. In the majority of closings, this approval is not sooner than the day before closing. In many cases, it is the day of closing.
- Any monies due at closing should be in the form of a cashier's or certified check payable to "Day Title Services". If Day Title is unable to provide you with an exact figure by the time of closing, you may use the amount shown on the "good faith estimate" given to you by your lender. The lender does not provide Day Title with a copy of your good faith estimate. Bring your checkbook in case the amount is slightly more. If the final amount is less, the difference will be refunded to you at the table.
- Bring your current driver's license, passport or other photo identification with you to closing.
- If you wish to schedule a settlement time before noon, please advise your mortgage lender that Day Title will need your closing documents the day before settlement.
- If this is a refinance or equity line transaction on your primary residence, there is a three (3) day recession period after closing. Any monies due you will be available on the 4th business day after the closing date.
- Call, fax or e-mail us with any questions you may have.
- ALL OWNERS MUST ATTEND CLOSING, EVEN IF HE/SHE IS NOT ON THE LOAN DOCUMENTS.